London Taxi Vehicles
There are currently 4 makes of vehicle licensed to ply for hire in London:
- LTI (London Taxis International) - FX4 taxi, Fairway taxi, Fairway Driver taxi, TX1 taxi, TX2 taxi &
- Metrocab - Series 1 Metrocab, Series 2 Metrocab, Series 3 Metrocab & TTT Metrocab.
- Asquith taxi
- Eco City Vehicles - Mercedes Benz Vito taxi.
London Taxis International
In 1984 London Taxis International (LTI) was formed by Manganese Bronze Ltd who by then owned both Carbodies and
Mann and Overton. LTI in turn is split into two business units:
- London Taxis International which manufactures London Black Taxis;
- Mann & Overton which retails and provides maintenance services for taxis in the major cities of the United
LTI Vehicles are makers of the most popular current taxis. The most recent model is the LTI TX4 taxi which
was first produced in 2006. Preceding this were the TX2 in 2002 and the TX1 in 1997. Before this they made the
Fairway Driver (1992 to 1997) the Fairway from 1989 to 1992. Before this was the FX4.